STRATEGIC PLAN 2018/2020
Our commitment to make the environment one of the basic pillars of our daily management requires greater planning efforts. For this reason, we have decided to compile these efforts in a single document, our Strategic Sustainability Plan 2018-2020. This Plan lays out the major objectives that we intend to achieve through short-term actions and strategies.
Our aim is to enhance brand value by finding a balance between human activity and the resources used in GF Hoteles, maintaining and improving the quality of our services.
100% reduction of single-use plastics by 2020
100% use of renewable energy
Reduction of carbon footprint by 10%
Reduction of water consumption by 17%
Reduction of energy consumption by 1.7%
Paper optimization in offices
Reduction of chemical substances by 10%
Improving the quality of work of the team of professionals
Including sustainability criteria in our hiring policy
One of the main objectives of GF Hoteles is to achieve a 100% reduction in single-use plastic items. Our aim is to cut 14 tons of plastic waste in total. The 5 establishments of our hotel chain are working together to achieve this.
Paper in the Cloud
Measures have been proposed to cut down the use of paper in the offices of our business group. The aim is to digitize processes and tasks to reduce paper use in different departments, keep documents in digital format and share such information in the cloud.
At GF Hoteles we are committed to reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions
- 2016. Re Think Hotel Top 10 most sustainable hotels in Spain. GF Gran Costa Adeje recognized within the TS MEDIA sustainability category as offering a quality tourist experience based on an excellent sustainable model.
- 2016. Seal of Corporate Social Responsibility from the Regional Government of Tenerife awarded to GF Gran Costa Adeje.
- 2017. 70/20 Plan Award. The ‘El Puerto Recicla’ recycling promotion initiative awards GF Noelia for its waste management and separation.
- 2017. Re Think Hotel Top 10 most sustainable hotels in Spain. GF Victoria recognized within the TS MEDIA sustainability category among the 10 best sustainable hotels in Spain.
- 2017. CaixaBank Canary Islands Tourism Company Innovation and Modernization Award given to GF Victoria.
- 2018. Re Think Hotel Award. GF Fañabé recognized for its active management and use of renewable energies.
- 2019. Bio-Spa Victoria recognized as Best Spa in the World and Best Eco Spa in Europe at the World Luxury Spa Awards.
- 2019. GF Gran Costa Adeje receives CaixaBank Tourism Company Innovation and Modernization Award in the Corporate Social Responsibility category.
ISO 21401. GF Hoteles is the first hotel chain in Europe and third in the world to obtain the ISO 21401: 2019 certification for meeting the environmental, social and economic requirements of the sustainability management system for accommodation establishments.
ISO 9001. ISO 9001 is an international quality management standard applicable to any type of organization in any sector or field of activity. It is based on eight quality management principles which are fundamental to good business management.
ISO 14001. ISO 14001 is part of a series of international environmental management standards applicable to any organization. Based on the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle, ISO 14001 specifies the main requirements to identify and control the environmental aspects of any organization.
EMAS. The EMAS scheme is a tool developed by the European Commission that companies and organizations with an environmental management system can voluntarily sign up to, allowing them to assess, manage and improve their environmental impact, thus ensuring and awarding public recognition of their excellent performance in this regard.
- GF Victoria. Type A energy rating
- GF Gran Costa Adeje. Type B energy rating
- GF Fañabé. Type B energy rating
- GF Noelia. Type B energy rating
- GF Isabel. Type B energy rating